Saturday, February 25, 2012

When to stop testing...

Quantifying software validation...
http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/52.28120

The article is probably the predecessor of modern statistical methods in testing. It postulates that statistics could help in finding out when to release. I would also like to point the attention that this article came out of Bell Labs, where maturity modelling - a way of statistical software quality modelling - has been practiced since the 80's.

I recommend this article as a starting point and a reflection point for the testing teams... can we build simple models that would show that we've reached the saturation point? What if we relate it to the previous blog entry - coverate metrics.... hmm... I'll try that in my next development project.

If anyone has more articles in this line - please do not hesitate to recommend them to me and I'll make sure to put them in the blog.

No comments: